Monday 22 September 2014

A lazy girls guide to make-up

Having recently arrived at my first year of university life, I have become even more lazy about my makeup, although that may not be seen as humanly possible!

 I have come up with a few rules that I live by at the worst of my lazy streak, but when social culture calls for me to be presentable. 


(I am no makeup artist, and nor am I going to pretend I am one)

 

One of the biggest rules for lazy makeup application is to make it natural, use foundation to even your skin out, not to cover up... that's what concealer is for.

 

Brightening under your eyes will reduce dark circles and make you seem more awake, it will also help you avoid cakiness.

 

Only if you genuinely need it, use a small amount of brightening powder in your t-zone. You can also multi-task and use it to further brighten your under eyes.

 

Brows are arguably the most important feature of your face, keep it quick and natural.

 

Always use an eyelash curler! If needed waterproof mascara will hold a curl for longer, but as a lazy girl... don't need? don't use!

 
Keep your lips in check with a mirror-free, bumpy-taxi-friendly lip tint. so much easier than going to the trouble of using a liner and lipstick and gloss ect. ect. ect.

Do you have any other tips that you use when you're feeling lazy?

Tweet me your thoughts, or just to say hi @longingforacity

Ciao, Lauren

© Longing For A City
Maira Gall