Tuesday 11 March 2014

To begin with...



A journey,

You can start a journey with anything; a deep breath, your best foot first, a morning shower, prep talks, or just a "hello" to that hot guy that you met on the train. A journey is anything that you want it to be or anything that has been.
As for me, my journeys, I've had quite a few. I could tell you the 'ins and outs' of them all, but a brief introduction is probably best.
My name is Lauren. I was born in Durham on the 19th of May 1996 to the best parents that I could possibly ask for. I was four when we moved to Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and spending only 8 years in its substandard infant, junior and upper school education. I met, fought and made up with my longest lasting and closest friends. By the time I was twelve we (two sisters heavier) picked up again to a small town in Somerset.
Now I live 15 minutes away from a Tesco express, Budgens and Subway. This is hardly enough to quench my thirst for the small taste of real Cities that my not-very-well-traveled-self has had.
At 17 I have had my share of family holidays and appreciate them as much as the next girl, however a 5 day school trip to New York opened my eyes to the love - hate relationship of a proper city.
I feel that I am now at the start of a metaphorical journey that I wanted to make a record of; for now anonymously (to a degree) to avoid the judging eyes of the "click" system.
However in order to end up in any of the few cities that I love I need to find motivation in something that I do. This is where my new blog comes in.
Until next time...
Ciao, Lauren
© Longing For A City
Maira Gall