Wednesday 12 March 2014

What's in my suitcase?



Personally, I hate packing to go away because I am generally awful at packing and
either forget something or overpack like no-ones buisness! Here are the outfits that I am taking on a 4 day trip to Durham with the folks! Click here to see the previous post about my travel makeup and wash bag.
(And I am really sorry for the picture quality! I often leave packing until the night before meaning terrible lighting)




always have leggings to travel in! especially if the journey is 5 hours long like this one is! and I love having a worn in jumper to hand in the car!



Here I have my new pair of black high waisted jeans and a black lightweight tee, both recent from ASOS and I could wear that with Converses or some chelsea boots.



This is a go to look for me, a pair of soft jeans, and a jumper with a blouse under for the collar detail and Converse.



I really like this small check top from ASOS, I have paired it with a basic skater skirt and the Primark supercosy tights with some chelsea boots!



For essentials I took this small crocodile finish structured bag, a big plaid scarf and then my faux leather biker jacket. The scarf is also big enough to be used as a blanket, and compliments all of the above outfits!



This is an odd tip that I learnt about how to pack a jacket; take one sleeve (in this case right) and pull inside out.



Feed it into the armhole of the left sleeve pulling it all the way through.



Fold the jacket in half so it is flat and do up the buttons or zip to avoid it snagging on other items of clothing.



Finally fold or roll into the most convenient way to pack.



Another thing that I do is that if I'm packing another bag, I put socks, a jumper or a scarf inside it to avoid it getting squashed and losing structure.



So overall this is what my bag looked like after it was packed, and you will be glad to know that it did actually close!
Don't forget to follow my Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin, all links in the sidebar.
Please comment is you want to know ams specific information about this post.
Ciao, Lauren
© Longing For A City
Maira Gall