Wednesday 12 March 2014

Top 10 movies



As difficult this is for me, I'm going to attempt it anyway!  Here are my top movies for a few different nights in; enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie night the guys and gals;





Mean Girls... what?! Yep, I know what you're thinking, but an embarrassing amount of my guy friends can quote this movie, and I can't even take credit for that! If they have seen this film, then you will find that on that day you dress up for charity in slutty santa costumes from -that scene- with quote boards hung around your neck with tinsel... they will be more understanding!
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban... Honestly, any of the Harry Potter films would do, but I think that this one needs the least previous knowledge of the series (apart from the first one obviously, but we've all seen that a bajillion times!)

The Hunger Games... A MASSIVE love affair of mine! I fell a little bit in love with J. Law. at the first sight of her in the trailer for the first film! Personally I think it's the perfect balance between action and romance! Then there is that fact that both Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth are in the same film; need I explain myself?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Girls pamper night



The Host... Don't even try to compare this with the book- you will be in severe disappointment! but in it's own right, it's a really good film. Like the Hunger Games, there's a good mix of action and romance, and the boys are something to swoon over, there is some serious understated romance going on there!

Dirty Dancing... One of my absolute favourites! The passion in it is to die for, and Patrick Swayze, well he's to swoon for!



Legally Blonde... This is a love it or hate it scenario. But it's light hearted entertainment, and how can anything not be worth watching when Reese Witherspoon involved?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "I've finished all my work" celebration



She's the man... Absolute classic feel good movie! If you haven't watched it, then do, featuring Amanda Bynes before her crazy 'phase'. This is a good'n for building up the quote bank.



Clueless... Again, perfect for the quoting! I think when watching this, you always notice at least one person you know being reflected in the characters!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Needing some crappy TV time (apart from watching lizard lick towing and storage hunters)



The devil wears Prada... My favourite of Anne Hathaways roles. A very reassuring and inspiring film! And also full of wardrobe envy!



What a girl wants... terrible acting! terrible and unbelievable story line! but absolutely brilliant film for mindless tv where you only need one brain cell to follow the story! And it features Colin Firth too :)
Don't forget to follow all my social media, all links in the sidebar...
What are you're top films? Make a blog post or leave a comment! If you make a blog post, be sure to tweet me the link and leave it below.
Ciao, Lauren
© Longing For A City
Maira Gall