Tuesday 11 March 2014

What's in my schoolbag?




As I am in my last year of sixth form, I only take 3 subjects, averaging out to about 3 lessons each day (sometimes 4, sometimes none) so my bag is a complete lightweight. However I do carry around variations of different items with me depending on what I am doing that day.



First off; I don't have to use school books any more so instead I use these plastic wallets from paper chase (£2.50 for 10 here) with one for each teacher and keep them in a frosted file folder (£2.50 here) this particular one wouldn't be able to fit in exercise books but paperchase do similar ones that are larger (try this one £5.00 here). As for paper and notebooks, unsurprisingly I am a paper-snob and prefer to write on Oxford notepaper, it is way too overpriced but I normally buy a pack of 5 (£15.85 here) and it will last me the whole year.


In the smaller compartments there is room for my car and house keys (get key ring £4.50 here) I also always carry around with me some headphones, gum, hair bands, a plaster and hair grips. I don't normally take money into school with me but if I do it's normally just a £5 note in the zip pocket at them back.


Another essential I have is an umbrella as down here in Somerset (as you have probably seen on the news) we have had a few pre-April showers! And don't forget to take water with you to keep you hydrated, my favourite is Volvic 'Touch of Lemon & Lime' but normally i just have tap water. Along with that I can't go anywhere without my USB stick this is the best alternative to bringing in a hefty laptop. Personally I save all my work onto my laptop as well as my memory stick, even if I have printed my work off at home it's good to have a copy with you that you can do some last minute editing to. If you don't have a USB you can alternatively email it to yourself, (I do this too) I have a Gmail folder just for schoolwork.

  

In my pencil-case I have some pens (I am also a pen and highlighter-snob) highlighters, ruler, pencil stapler and hand sanitizer) also this really cool hole punch (£3.81 here) that I really recommend if you use ring-binders (school hole punches always break.)




Well there it is!

I hope that you enjoyed this post and it was useful.
Leave a comment down below saying what you keep in your school bag!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin all linked in the sidebar!

Ciao, Lauren

© Longing For A City
Maira Gall